June 2014 to Present
Strategic Proposals Creative Director
Graybar, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
- • Recognize and establish new creative approaches for the strategic proposals department.
- • Redesign corporate B2B collateral, presentations, illustrations, photography, and videos.
- • Evaluating the strategic proposal process to find opportunities to revitalize and bring better aesthetics to a normally sterile process.
- • Established a new modern look, tone, and feel to make Graybar’s strategic proposals visually superior to competitiors.
Feb 2014 to Present
Creative Director, Script Writer, Show Developer
Freelance for Coolfire Studios, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
- • Concepting new digital entertainment shows for potential production.
- • Write loglines, one pagers, and pilot scripts for new show concepts.
- • Illustrate storyboards of new show concepts.
- • Design and illustrate original characters for animated show concepts.
- • Direct scratch track voice recordings for animation and timing.
- • Animate storyboards for pacing and supply to animators.
Sep 2008 to Feb 2014
Senior Art Director
Checkmark Communications (Nestlé Purina PetCare Company), Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
- • Strategically plan and design print, packaging, store displays, and special event materials for Purina Cat Chow brand which has helped grow Cat Chow to one of the best performing cat foods in the Purina portfolio.
- • Successfully helped plan and execute four major animal shelter renovations including video and photography documentation for Cat Chow’s 50th anniversary campaign. The video garnered nearly 7,500 “Like’s” on Facebook and drove traffic to the voting site at a rate that completed the program a month early.
- • Designed and oversaw the creation of Purina Cat Chow Mardi Gras float and collateral materials for Mardi Gras tour campaign and then photographed and art directed video in real time for consumers of the tour interactions. The video was the second highest trending pet video on YouTube the weekend of its release with over 60,000 views.
- • Art directed a video of consumer cat stories gathered in four camera rigged New York City taxis that garnered over a half a million impressions on top of the public relation’s media.
- • Designed and help run multi-city PR national tour to interview for the new position of Purina Cat Chow Correspondent, followed by a “Finalist Day” interview, photo, and video shoot, and follow-up photo shoot of the winner
- • Concepted and storyboarded a TV commercial that won against Purina Cat Chow’s TV commercial agency.
- • Won additional video work for CheckMark by being a one-man camera operator, director, producer, and editor for a small series of real-time web videos uploaded to social media outlets.
- • Individually trained and remotely directed a group of external brand representatives across the U.S. to produce low cost social media videos and communications semi-autonomously.
- • Assisted in production and art directed episodes from season 2 and 3 of “Housecat Housecall”, a Purina sponsored Animal Planet reality television show.
May 2003 to Aug 2008
Minnow Project, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
- • Helped grow the design and strategy portfolio of The Minnow Project to successfully reposition them from a pre-production company (Graphics Plus) to a competitive advertising agency.
- • Art directed and concepted some of the first local TV and radio commercials for the agency which helped secure additional video jobs.
- • Created print ads, packaging, brand identities, logos, 2D animation, websites, web banners, TV commercials, and illustrations
- • Supervised and trained interns and new members of the design team.
April 2002 to May 2003
Web Design Intern
Sandhills Publishing, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
- • Designed new HTML-based web sites for clients of Sandhills Publishing.
- • Updated/rewrote code and design updates to previously designed websites maintained by Sandhills Publishing.
Aug 2002 to May 2003
Graphic Designer & Illustrator
The Sower newspaper, Seward, Nebraska, USA
- • Produced advertising designs for local businesses
- • Created illustrations for featured newspaper stories